Thread: A quilt in progress

Kiasmum is offline Moderator ModeratorDedicated Member

Default A quilt in progress

As I mentioned in my introduction when I joined I have become quite addicted to patchwork and quilting.This week I have started my latest venture and though it might be fun to chart my progress.

16 blocks made,16 left to do...
    Karin

Taking pictures that please me and if you like them too its a bonus!

mishlove is offline photozoholic

At 1st glance I read it as "a guilt in progress".....and wondered what I would see.....anyhoooo, keep quilting.
    Michael - "We move forward....by coming from" _King Crimson
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/mishlove1/

Sage is offline photozoholic

Ooh, that makes my fingers itch Karin. Haven't quilted anything since just before Christmas. You must post more as you progress. ~~Peg
    Peg
    “There is a crack in everything.That's how the light gets in.”― Leonard Cohen

yellalablady is offline Moderator Moderatorphotozoholic

I love the idea of quilting. I've done a little, but just don't have the patience for it. Hope you keep posting pics as the project progresses.
    Monnie
    Canon 40D l 17-40 f/4L l 70-200 f4L, 70-300 IS

2013 52 Week Project

All the angels were busy.
    So, they sent me Buddy, instead.

Skippy is offline photozoholic

Blog Entries

My daughter does quite a bit. This looks like it will be a really neat pattern. Over here there are quite a few. The local shop hosted a bus stop for bunch who were spending there day shop hopping so to speak. 54 quilters on that bus.

Kiasmum is offline Moderator ModeratorDedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by mishlove View Post
    At 1st glance I read it as "a guilt in progress".....and wondered what I would see.....anyhoooo, keep quilting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sage View Post
    Ooh, that makes my fingers itch Karin. Haven't quilted anything since just before Christmas. You must post more as you progress. ~~Peg
    I haven't done much either and I bought the fabric back in January still I'm up and running again. Hope you can scratch your itch soon Peg.

Quote Originally Posted by yellalablady View Post
    I love the idea of quilting. I've done a little, but just don't have the patience for it. Hope you keep posting pics as the project progresses.
    Monnie,its a lovely hobby.Once the prep is done progress can be quite rapid.

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    My daughter does quite a bit. This looks like it will be a really neat pattern. Over here there are quite a few. The local shop hosted a bus stop for bunch who were spending there day shop hopping so to speak. 54 quilters on that bus.
    This is called 'Dresden Plate' and it caught my eye son after I started quilting. I think that the sky's the limit with regard to quilt patterns and I'll only ever scratch the surface...
    I've seen shops advertising the fact that coach parties are welcome. That would be 54 quilters who are probably like kids in a sweet shop
    Karin

Taking pictures that please me and if you like them too its a bonus!

viv1969 is offline Mega-zoer

I was just typing that I wish I had the patience for this...then hubby said "why are you saying that? You used to do counted cross-stitch!" And he's right...I did some HUUUUGE cross-stitches back in the day. I really must look at taking up something "artistic" again.

Karin I think your choices of colour and fabric are spectacular for your quilt pattern.
    I look forward to seeing more as it progresses.
    Ruth.
    Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc
    Quantum In Me Fuit