Thread: Found a good printer here in Panama

Landis is offline Dedicated Member

Default Found a good printer here in Panama

Whenever I'm in Panama, I have withdrawal from my big printer in the US. My wife and I decided to change around some photos in the house and I needed a 22x38" print of one of my photos. My good friend sold her old Epson, so I was out of luck on using her printer. I had taken one of my 6ft long panoramas to get it mounted on foam core to Super Posters, which is near us. While in there, I noticed they also did digital printing, so asked to see their printer and talk to the operator. They have an Epson 9900 printer and I found the young man who runs it to be very good. I looked at a few of his prints........all top quality. So, I went home and made a full size file of what I wanted him to print and took it back to him. He commented: "This is a really BIG file!! (175mb)" I simply asked him to print it as it was and told him which printer profile to use and how to set up the Printer Settings. I gave him a small print so he knew exactly what I wanted. He sort of looked at me strangely. He asked me if I know how to print on a big printer like this, so we talked about my background. I think we are going to be good friends. What a good find!!!

I picked up the print and it is perfect. The cost was only $38!!! Good deal. I only wish the framing was as cheap.
    Landis
    The trick to good photography is to learn where to point your camera and when to push the shutter. The EYE is more important than all the technical stuff.

brucep is offline Contributor photozoholic

A good printer, a good doctor, a good mechanic... when we can find experts we can trust, life is so much better! I'm glad you found him, Landis.

mishlove is offline photozoholic

........and life is good. Glad you made this find Landis.
    Michael - "We move forward....by coming from" _King Crimson
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/mishlove1/

JimL is offline Moderator photozoholic

Sounds great!

Jim
    Canon 5D MarkII Adobe Lightroom v5.1 (64 bit)
    Paint Shop Pro Ultimate XI- PS CS5-Painter 11

Landis is offline Dedicated Member

Now if I can only find a good Air Conditioner Repair guy.
    Landis
    The trick to good photography is to learn where to point your camera and when to push the shutter. The EYE is more important than all the technical stuff.

Skippy is offline photozoholic

Blog Entries

Glad you found someone you could trust. AC are replaceable now days unless you have central.